Samsung has stopped sending OS software updates for the Galaxy Tab E but some unofficial developers are still releasing major android upgrades for this android tablet. Android 9 has come to Tab E in form of Lineage OS, which also brings stock android to Tab E.
The entire Android 9 for Galaxy Tab E is totally open source so anyone can take a glance at the code. This ROM is said to be 100% bug-free so it is fit for daily use.
Here are features of this ROM.
- Dark mode to all the apps thanks to SuperiorOS.
- Cleander still being redone?
- Calculator (Always Darkmode).
- DeskClock (Always Darkmode).
- Pixel style to all the apps thanks https://github.com/allstargaurav/The-Adaptive-Project & https://github.com/moctodot/adaptive-icons
- Calendar IconOnly?
- Setting (Icon background change to what accent color you pick).
- Pixel look adds to Setting search bar.
- Native Screen recording, But it does not work yet.
- Auto dark mode.
- Samsung style lockscreen clock theme
- Trebuchet now shows the weather by default on the first page instead of where the QSB normally appears I can live with that’s.
- bromite-webview with AdBlock support.
What’s Been Removed
- LineageOS Statistics there onto us.
- LineageOS Networks Traffic not very useful at all, apps & widget is better.
- Volume button control media playback.
- Audio Visularon on LockScreen & in Eleven (Yuck 🤮🤮🤮🤮).
- Lineage Weather not useful apps & widget are better.
- Lockscreen Media Art (Yuck 🤮🤮🤮🤮).
What’s Been Redesign
- Battery Percentage (Simple toggle like iOS it’s either On or Off ).
- SQ Panel with blur background to reduce distractions and a bunch of theme form RevengeOS.
- UI Switches have been themed to look like OOS(OxygenOS) thanks to InFusionX-OS along with fingerprint animation also all the other animation have cut in half.
What’s Been Shuffled
- Some of the Setting in Setting & Lineage Parts