LineageOS 14.1 is now available for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 which brings android 7 Nougat to the android tablet. Here are steps on how to flash this android nougat ROM via ODIN onto your tablet.
Make sure you have a full backup because just in case you something fails. Here are the steps to flash this via ODIN.
Reboot your tablet into download mode. Do this by first switching off the phone, then pressing and holding the volume down + home button together and then pressing the power button. Press volume up button to enter download mode.
Open ODIN on your computer. You’ll see the ID:COM box turning yellow with a COM port number upon successful connection with the tablet.
In ODIN click the BL button, select the bootloader firmware. It’s a tar file.
Make sure Auto Reboot & F. Reset Time options are selected in ODIN
Click on the start button. When the process is completed your phone will reboot.
Just keep in mind that custom kernel, mods and xposed are not supported.
Download the zip file of ROM
Install a compatible Recovery (This will not work with the P900 recovery)
–I have built a new version of TWRP with the MM kernel. MTP, Vibrations, ADB now work and there are performance increases.
Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (optional)
Wipe data/factory reset
Install the Google Apps addon package http://opengapps.org/ (Optional)
Slim ROM is available for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and it is being touted as one of the most stable android 6 marshmallow ROMs for the android tablet. Plus, this android 6 ROM comes with a host of enhancements and useful features.
The Android 6 Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 ROM is based on AOSP project so everything is similar to what you get on stock android, making it very similar to CM11 Tab 8.4 ROMs.
* Slim Navbar & Hardware key rebinding – Single tap action, long press action, double tap action.-We’ve got you covered.
* Slim Actions & Chamber of secrets – Customize your device to the fullest – You’re a wizard.
* SlimRecents – A Faster alternative to stock recents -Your device, your choice.
* SlimLauncher – An Open source, feature filled launcher.Make yourself at home
* Status bar customizations – Clock and Date? Battery?
Here is how to install this android 6 marshmallow ROM:
Download ROM and Gapps
Put them on your sdcard
Boot to tab 8.4 twrp recovery
Wipe data, cache, and dalvik
Reboot, setup and enjoy
And once you are on this ROM, the developer pushes out regular updates. To fetch those updates, follow these steps.
* Download ROM and Gapps, Put them on your sdcard
* Boot to recovery and Wipe cache and dalvik
* Flash ROM; Flash Gapps, Reboot
If you are looking for a simple, stable ROM for your Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, you should check out the Vanilla Unicorn android 6 Marshmallow ROM. Since this is vanilla, there is no Samsung TouchWiz user interface onboard that will slow down your android tablet.
To flash this Samsung Tab Pro Marshmallow Firmware, download the ROM from here and copy it to your tablet’s microSD card. Also copy the gapps since this does not come with any. Then, go into TWRP Tab Pro 8.4 custom recovery and do a full wipe. Then, flash the ROM followed by gapps. Now reboot and enjoy the Android 6 Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 ROM.
Here is the feature list of Vanilla Tab Pro 8.4 ROM:
Status Bar (battery, clock, date, etc)
Hide superuser icon
Disable heads up
RAM usage bar
Lock screen tweaks
Nav bar customization (dimensions, layout, etc)
Hardware keys actions
Ambient display and wake gestures
Since the ROM comes pre-rooted, there is no need to root it again.
An unofficial Android 7 Nougat ROM is available for download courtesy of folks at xda developers. Before you install this Nougat ROM on your Samsung tablet, you need to ensure you have Android lollipop bootloader as otherwise, your Tab Pro won’t boot. To install it, you will need Tab Pro 12.2 TWRP (link) and ODIN on PC.
1. Make sure you have a full backup because just in case you something fails. Here are the steps to flash this via ODIN. Download ROM from here.
2. Reboot your tablet into download mode. Do this by first switching off the phone, then pressing and holding the volume down + home button together and then pressing the power button. Press volume up button to enter download mode.
3. Open ODIN on your computer. You will see the ID:COM box turning yellow with a COM port number upon successful connection with the tablet.
4. In ODIN click the BL button, select the bootloader firmware. It’s a tar file.
Make sure Auto Reboot & F. Reset Time options are selected in ODIN
5. Click on the start button. When the process is completed your phone will reboot. You can install gapps later via TWRP. Flash this ZIP file in recovery before booting.
Also if you see an error about recovery or kernel, it is safe to ignore it. This error is due to fact you have installed a custom ROM.
Android 6 marshmallow is now available for Samsung Galax Tab Pro 8.4 LTE android tablets. Samsung stopped supporting this tablet just after an year after its release but folks at XDA have been churning updates for this tablet from quite some time and today the company has released Cyanogen Mod 13 for Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 LTE. Only two things are not working at the moment: Auto-rotate is kind of buggy and proximity sensor not working. Here are the installation instructions:
Do a NANDROID backup and back up all of your important files.
Wipe System, Cache and Dalvik Cache
Flash the ROM
Flash Gapps (optional)
Wipe Cache and Dalvik
XDA has released a custom firmware for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 tablet. This firmware allows you to easily overclock or underclock the processor as well as GPU. The only pre requirement is that you should have installed Tab 8.4 TWRP before flashing the custom kernel which should not take more than 5 minutes.
Download the kernel from here and flashing it using TWRP. Put it somewhere on your tablet and boot into recovery to flash it. Once you have flashed the kernel, simply install Synapse from play store to start underclocking or overclocking the CPU or GPU of Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.4 tablet. Here is one recommended synapse profile so that you do not crash your Tab 8.4 tablet.
We also suggest you to disable MP-Decision, enable intelli-plug, enable intelli-thermal and set to restore kernel settings on boot.
XDA developer user has released a Android 5 lollipop ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4. The ROM lacks touch wiz which is despised by many. It is an AOSP based ROM that incorporates features from CM, Slim and Oni ROMs.
Here are the installation instructions:
– Make sure you’re running a proper working Clockwork Mod-Recovery / Tab 8.4 TWRP
– Copy Gapps and ROM ZIP to your SDCard
– Boot into Recovery
– DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET
– Flash Euphoria-OS zip from SDCard
– Flash Gapps zip from SDCard
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup.
We all hate the not-so-useful applications that Samsung forces down in their tablets and Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 is no exception. It comes with bucket full of bloatware which also leads to poor battery life. Fortunately XDA is there is rescue us and it is offering a rooted ROM which is deodexed and debloated ROM. Here are the features of it:
* Init.d support
* No Language files removed
Download the ROM from here. Flash it using ODIN. In the ODIN, browse for the downloaded ROM and select it in PDA field. Reboot your Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Wi-Fi only model in download mode and connect to the computer. Then start the flashing process by clicking on the Start button.
Cyanogen Mod 12 a k a CM12 is now available for Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 SM-T900 model. The development for CM 12 is really on fire considering the fact that CM11 for Tab Pro 12.2 was made available just last year. This is an unofficial CM 12 build for SM-T900 but is totally fine for daily usage.
1. Root Tab Pro 12.2 device or install pre rooted ROM.
2. Download ROM from here and Gapps
3. Install TWRP custom recovery, recommend TWRP Tab Pro 12.2 (v2wifixx), can be flashed with Odin or from existing recovery.
You may also use Clockwork Recovery, a custom recovery img file can be installed using dd and Terminal Emulator. First download to /sdcard, and install to /dev/block/mmcblk0p10.
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p10
4. Backup stock with custom recovery.
5. Flash Rom and Gapps.
Before you flash it just in mind that it will void any sort of warranty on your Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 SM-T900 tablet.
Are you looking to overclock your Galaxy y Tab Pro 8.4 WiFi edition? Well now you can thanks to the overclocking kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Wi-Fi edition. After installing this kernel on your tablet you will be able to overclock till 2.26GHz.
Here is the list of features of this overclocking kernel.
* Overclocking support (up to 272GHz)
* Voltage table support
* GPU overclocking up to 600MHz
* NTFS Support
* Interactive and On Demand governor tweaks with cpufreq_screen_off support
* Faux Sound
There are three versions of it.
CALM: This is essentially CatMode but with all other non OC/UV related tweaks done as well. This means no L2 or bus changes, but all other changes are included.
ROAR: This is a step up and includes a slight bump for L2 with a slightly higher L2 in frequencies 2.3-2.41 GHz. (Most tablets should handle this fine.)
RAGE: This is BeastMode in its current form with a heavy bump for L2 as well as bus with the highest bump in frequencies 2.3-2.41 GHz.
Courtesy of XDA we have a pre rooted custom ROM for the Samsung galaxy tab pro 12.2. This ROM is rooted, deodexed and has busybox preloaded. There is no Knox on board as well. Here are the list of features on it:
* QuadView (4-way multiwindow found in 12.2 note pro)
* Lock Screen Cards (google now like cards on lockscreen. It can be found in “settings-device-lockscreen”)
* Screen Mirrror w/ custom recovery/kernel (stock will NOT work with TWRP/CWM installed)
* Assistive Light Widget (adds led flashlight which can ONLY be added from widget drawer. It does NOT show in launcher widget list)
* Multi User (already present in wifi version but mysteriously missing from the LTE variant. It can be found in “settings-general-users”)
* SDfix (apps can now write to external memory. no need for playstore fix)
* Lock Screen Widgets! (FINALLY figured out how to re-enable these. thx @Goldie for the info)
* MultiWindow Mods (added the ability to use MOST apps in floating mode as well as more than one copy at the same time WITHOUT needing another app. also automatically adds all apps on your device to the availability list)
* Stock Widgets in ANY Launcher such as Nova
To install follow these instructions:
* Root and custom recovery
* Copy ROM to device and boot into recovery, install and wipe both caches
* Download Supersu from playstore & update “su” binay (choose “normal” method when asked. This step is optional)
Unofficial builds of CM 11 popularly known as Cyanogen Mod 11 are now available for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Wi-Fi and LTE tablets. It is great for those who are looking for touch wiz free experience on their tablets.
Continue reading Download CM 11 for Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 10.1 WiFi and LTE Tablets
We have the review unit of Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and today we are going to show you how it performs in the battery department. Battery life is very important to those who spend a lot of time watching videos and do web browsing. First let us take a quick glance at Samsung’s claims.
Continue reading Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Battery Life Is Disappointing
Not a lot of companies have started offering cases for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro line up, but few of them have popped up on sites like Amazon like the one from IVSO. Its original price is USD 30 but the company is offering early bird discount of 18 dollars, and you can get it for USD 12.
Continue reading Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 IVSO Case
Samsung Galaxy tab Pro 10.1 has started to hit the store shelves and folks at XDA have made its official stock ROM available for download. This is a first major step in modding as official ROM allows the users to roll back if anything goes wrong such as bad flash or root.
Continue reading Download Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 Official ROM