Samsung Galaxy tab Pro 10.1 has started to hit the store shelves and folks at XDA have made its official stock ROM available for download. This is a first major step in modding as official ROM allows the users to roll back if anything goes wrong such as bad flash or root.
The ROM is only for 10.1 and Wi-Fi only model, SM-T520. Operating system is Android 4.4.2 kitkat. Before you proceed, make sure you have the following.
Update – We now have LTE ROM as well.
Have the USB drivers installed on your computer.
Having Odin307.zip software. Extract this file to obtain the Odin3 v3.07.exe file.
Download the ROM from here and unzip it. LTE users, download this instead.
Cut antivirus protections and close Samsung Kies process.
Having a charged battery more than 70 percent.
Here are the installation instructions.
1. Turn off your tablet.
2. Launch the Odin3_v3.07.exe file in the unzipped folder.
3. Make sure you have only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time ticked.
4. Select the files in the rom unzipped as follows :
– Code in PDA
– Csc in CSC
– Modem in PHONE
5. In the case of a single file .tar ou .tar.md5, select it in PDA.
6. On your tablet, press both buttons Volume Down + Home + Power and Volume UP to restart your tablet download.
7. Connect the tablet to the computer using the original USB cable. The box below ID: COM should be colored.
8. You should find the Odin window like this:
9. Click Start to begin the installation.
10. Wait for the setup and do not touch anything. Your tablet will reboot.