For some reason, Samsung did not activate full tablet UI on the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. There is a way to enjoy full tablet UI by using Xposed installer and Xposed TabletUI Trigger. However, you need your Tab 2 7.0 to be rooted for it to work.
1. Download the Xposed Installer from here.
2. Download the Xposed TabletUI Trigger here.
3. Install Xposed Installer then launch it and tap Install/Update, then reboot.
4. Install the Xposed TabletUI Trigger.
5. Launch Xposed Installer again, tap the Modules Tab, and tick the box next to TabletUI Trigger. (it should be the only module in the list)
6. Reboot again and then start enjoying Tablet UI.
The official jelly bean update from Samsung for the Tab 2 7.0 is really nice but I just do not get this silly Galaxy Note 2 like interface. After all, we have a bigger screen than the Note 2 that should run full blown Tablet UI without a problem.
You need to be on stock jelly bean ROM with stock jelly bean kernel to apply this hack.