Sailfish OS is now available for download for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 3G variants and this includes both P5100 and P3100. Its developer clearly states that is not meant for daily use. After installing the Sailfish on your Samsung tablet, follow these tricks.
1. Connect to internet via wi-fi/mobile data/USB
zypper mr -d adaptation0
zypper ar https://sailfish.openrepos.net/sailfish_browser_nightly/personal/main sailfish_browser_nightly
zypper ref sailfish_browser_nightly
zypper dup –from sailfish_browser_nightly
kill -9 $(pidof booster-browser)
zypper ar https://sailfish.openrepos.net/basil/personal/main basil
zypper ref basil
zypper in harbour-warehouse
* Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 3G (p5100 or p3100)
* Installed latest Tab 2 TWRP recovery
* Downloaded CyanogenMod 12.1 and Sailfish OS from here.
* The basic linux & android knowledge
* Place downloaded cm and sfos to /sdcard
* Reboot to recovery. You are suggested to make a backup from here if you want.
* Wipe and flash CyanogenMod zip, followed by flashing of Sailfish OS zip. Reboot
* Modem (calls/sms/mobile network)
* Camera, Audio/Video playback and GPS