You can do much more on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 if you root it. You will be able to modify the system files, control the CPU clock speed (underclock/overclock) and so on. Here are the steps on how to get it done.
1. Download Clock Work Mod recovery from that and put it on your tablet.
– Power your device off
– Boot into Download-Mode by pressing Volume down + Power
– Hit Volume down to accept the warning
– Start Odin
– Choose "GT-P31XX_ClockworkMod-Recovery_X.X.X.X.tar" as PDA
– Connect your Tablet
– Start flashing
Volume up + Power boots your Tablet into Recovery Mode.
Volume up: Highlight up
Volume down: Highlight down
P3100 – 18.104.22.168: Download
P3110 – 22.214.171.124: Download
P3113 – 126.96.36.199: Download
2. Download cwm-root-gtab2.zip to root your device from here and copy to external sdcard.
3. Download Fix-Recovery to erase install-recovery.sh from here and copy to external sdcard.
4. Now Turn your device off .
5. Boot into Download-Mode (Power+Vol Down) and press vol up to continue.
6. Start Odin and choose "GT-P31XX_ClockworkMod-Recovery_X.X.X.X.tar" as PDA.
8. Connect your Tab 2 7.0 and uncheck Reset Time and Auto Reboot.