Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 is around one year old now and many of us are waiting for official Android 5 lollipop from Samsung. Well it is not out now but an XDA user has made a pretty stable ROM that gets the job done. This ROM is based on cyanogenmod 12.1 with some features added from other custom Galaxy Tab 4 ROMs. Here are the installation instructions:
* Make sure you are rooted.
* Make sure you have a custom recovery installed. (TWRP is the preferred recovery)
* Download the latest Bliss Rom from here and the latest GApps package from here.
* Boot into recovery.
* Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
* Flash Bliss Rom
* Flash Google Apps package (for 5.1)
* First boot may take up to 10 minutes.
That is it, you have downloaded and installed Android 5 Lollipop on your Galaxy Tab 4.