If you own a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite, this guide will help in installing clock work mod recovery and get root privileges. First download latest CWM recovery file from here.
1. Download ODIN on your computer.
2. Power off the device.
3. Restart in "Download Mode" by holding the "HOME" button, "Volume Down" and "Power" all at the same time (for about 5 seconds).
4. Hit the "Volume Up" to enter download mode.
5. Start the ODIN exe program. Un-check Auto Reboot. See notes about ODIN below.
6. Connect the device via USB to your computer. Verify the device shows as "Added" in the Message box. If it doesn’t show then you need the Samsung USB drivers (just install KIES to get them). Also need to enable USB debugging.
7. Select "PDA" (or AP) then choose the recovery file you want to flash. (Unzip the file you downloaded so that you have a file named "recovery.tar.md5".)
8. Hit "START". Wait for Odin to finish (~10-15 seconds). The message area will display "RES OK" when finished.
9. Restart directly to recovery mode before rebooting into OS.(Hold POWER, Volume UP, and the HOME button all at the same time. When you see the Samsung Logo, let go of the POWER button, but keep holding the Volume UP and HOME until you see the recovery screen).
After you get the custom recovery working, you can download latest SuperSu from play store to get root on your Galaxy Tab 3 Lite.