By performing root on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE version, you will be able to modify things to a different level. For example: you will be able to overclock / underclock it. First, make sure you are running the latest version of Kies. Download from Samsung’s website and then, follow these steps.
1. Download Da_G’s modded kernel [link]
2. Download Odin 1.85 [link]
3. Open Odin 1.85 as administrator
4. Place the modded kernel .tar file in the PDA slot. (Make sure you do not have any boxes in the options panel checked besides the ones that were checked when opening the program – should only be auto reboot and f.reset time)
5. Place the tablet in download mode. Hold vol up + vol down and hold power until the device powers on into download mode. Hit volume up to proceed after the warning screen
6. Plug the tablet into the computer on a main usb slot and it will be detected by Odin in one of the ID:COM slots (will appear as yellow)
7. Hit Start – the modded kernel should will be flashed to the tablet. Tablet will restart.
8. Go into market and download the Superuser App.