Android 6.0 marshmallow firmware for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 is available for download. This is an un official build and based on cyanogen mod 13. Keep in mind that not a whole lot works on this Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Android 6 Marshmallow ROM. For instance, video camera does not work as expected and the developer has not tested calling and data features on it as T310.
Steps for flashing the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Android 6 Marshmallow ROM:
– Make sure you’re running latest TWRP 126.96.36.199
– Copy GApps and ROM ZIP files to your internal or external SD Card
– Boot into Recovery
– Commit a factory reset / data wipe.
– Flash the ROM zip file
– Flash GApps zip
Flashing this will void warranty on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 so if your android tablet is under warranty, it is not suggested to flash this custom ROM.
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is the phablet flagship from Korean giant and folks at XDA developers have ported it for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 P5200 android tablet. To flash this Galaxy Note 5 ROM on the Tab 3, you will need latest version of TWRP and make you backup your data before flashing it.
Installation instructions for Galaxy Note 5 ROM for Tab 3 P5200
1- Download the rom on your SD or internal storage
2- Wipe System
3- Install Elastic Rom using P5200 TWRP.
4- Wipe Cache And Dalvike Cache
Features of this Note 5 ROM For Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
Note 5 Icons (Not Theme)
Tab S Settings
Note 5 Sounds – Boot animation
Tab 4 launcher without Google search
S6 widget (XWidget)
Tab 4 Weather widget if you like it
Build prob Tweaks
Note 5 and S6 Wallpapers
Bravia Engine 4
Double Tab to sleep
Replaced Clock and Calculator with Google clock and material calculator
Tinted Status Bar
Note 3 Ultra power saving mode with Greyscale
Added Lite Clean master
Tab S File Manger
Note 4 Memo
For flashing custom firmwares a k a ROMs on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5200 model, you will need TWRP which is a type of custom recovery. To flash this recovery, you will need ODIN application on your desktop computer, downloadable from links given below.
Flashing process is very simple, select the TWRP file and select it in the System field of ODIN. Before flashing, put your Tab 3 10.1 P5200 in download mode by holding down power + home + volume down button simultaneously.
Connect the Tab 3 10.1 P5200 to the computer and then use the steps described above to flash TWRP.
Android 5.1 lollipop un official version for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 is now available for download. This covers GT P5200 P5210 P5220 models and is based on Cyanogen Mod which means you get a nice and native Android user interface to play and work with. To flash it, you will need at least TWRP 188.8.131.52 to flash this ROM. Recommended TWRP version is 184.108.40.206.
Installation instructions for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 Android lollipop ROM
1. Copy ROM to SDCard; Copy Houdini to SDCard; Copy GApps to SDCard – all download links given below. Boot into recovery; Backup EFS partition;
2. Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Dalvik Cache + System + Cache + Data
3. Install ROM; Install Houdini; Install GApps; Reboot
What’s working on this ROM
RIL for P5200 (data, SMS/MMS, calls)
GPS (partial, does not always report fix but reports position)
HW video encoding/decoding
Screen cast (miracast)
Sensors (and automatic brightness)
Smart cover lock/unlock
SDCard, USB OTG
Tethering (USB, Bluetooth, Wifi)
What’s not working on this ROM
RIL (for P5220)
Secure videos (Widevine and so on)
HW audio decoding
Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5200 P5210 P5220 TWRP 220.127.116.11 (flash with Odin)
A 100 percent flashable ZIP file based on the stock ROM is now available for download courtesy of XDA developers. It is deodexed and can be rooted simply by flashing superSU-2.02 zip from chainfire. There is simply no other way to attain root on it.
There is also a deodexed + rooted build available which also has unsecure boot. Also if you own a Galaxy S5 mini, you can find its deodexed firmware here.
Here are the download links for rooted and deodexed stock ROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1:
100% stock: STOCK-4.4.2-P5210(fixed).zip (100% stock, it is fully bloated, odexed, and non-rooted).
Deodexed + rooted: STOCK-ROOTED-DEODEXED-4.4.2-P5210(fixed).zip
To flash it, download ODIN on to your computer and put the firmware in PDA field and flash it. Alternatively you can flash it in philz recovery.
All Samsung devices come with lots of bloat ware but thanks to third party developers, you can install a heavily debloated firmware on your Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 tablet.
The firmware is based on stock 4.4.2 which is the latest and is totally knox free. It comes pre rooted and is debloated. It comes with all necessary applications except Samsung crap ware. To install it, download it from following link and flash it using ODIN.
There is another debloated ROM but it has Galaxy S5 user interface, so it is up to you whether you love Touchwiz UI or not.
Here are its features:
1. No bloatware
4. Battery Optimised
5. Blackhawk’s NEXT kernel 2.4
6. S5 Look like (UI, Sounds, Wallpaper and Launcher)
7. Ideal for Gaming
1.Copy the ZIP File to the internal card
3.Install the Zip
4.Install the blackhawk-next-kernel-2.4-t311.zip and mali-400-r3p2-01rel3-api29-t31x.zip from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd…5210#downloads
A new Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 kernel has popped up on XDA that allows you to modify clock speeds of the processor. This kernel features specifically to allow TricksterMod to have full access to the controls. Ability to control clock speed allow you to overclock or under your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.
– In order to utilize the OTG and MHL functions, you will need to add an additional hub or MHL port to your OTG cable. Again, this is not the forum for asking how to do this – use Google and XDA as resources on how to build. Chances are, if you don’t know how to do this, then you should not be using this function anyway.
– OTG Charging requires you connect the device to an AC Samsung Charger (OEM, the one that came with device) or a DC Charger that provides 5V, 2+ amp output. Connecting to another charger without this output will limit the functionality of the charging feature.
– I HIGHLY Suggest using an external powered hub to connect additional USB devices (Memory Sticks, Keyboards, Mouse, Bluetooth, Modem, Etc).
Here are the installation instructions:
1) Reboot Into Recovery (TWRP Recommended)
2) Create Nandroid/Backup
3) Wipe Cache/Davik
4) Install Kernel [kitkat] [jellybean]
5) Reboot (First boot after flash may take a little longer – Kernel is building additional file structure and adding features)
If you own a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite, this guide will help in installing clock work mod recovery and get root privileges. First download latest CWM recovery file from here.
1. Download ODIN on your computer.
2. Power off the device.
3. Restart in "Download Mode" by holding the "HOME" button, "Volume Down" and "Power" all at the same time (for about 5 seconds).
4. Hit the "Volume Up" to enter download mode.
5. Start the ODIN exe program. Un-check Auto Reboot. See notes about ODIN below.
6. Connect the device via USB to your computer. Verify the device shows as "Added" in the Message box. If it doesn’t show then you need the Samsung USB drivers (just install KIES to get them). Also need to enable USB debugging.
7. Select "PDA" (or AP) then choose the recovery file you want to flash. (Unzip the file you downloaded so that you have a file named "recovery.tar.md5".)
8. Hit "START". Wait for Odin to finish (~10-15 seconds). The message area will display "RES OK" when finished.
9. Restart directly to recovery mode before rebooting into OS.(Hold POWER, Volume UP, and the HOME button all at the same time. When you see the Samsung Logo, let go of the POWER button, but keep holding the Volume UP and HOME until you see the recovery screen).
After you get the custom recovery working, you can download latest SuperSu from play store to get root on your Galaxy Tab 3 Lite.
Folks at XDA have churned out a stock ROM that is deodexed and pre rooted. The developer has also pre installed Busybox and zipaligned it.
There is no bloatware on this ROM. While it is based on Samsung Galaxy Tab 3’s Italy T211XXBNH2 ROM, all languages including English are available to the user.
To get root privileges, install SuperSu from play store to get root access. Features of this galaxy tab 3 7.0 ROM:
-Init d support
You can download the ROM from here and it may take a while to finish flashing due to the compression.
User manual of the unannounced Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite has been leaked and thanks to that, we now have its specs. A polish retailer has already started taking orders of the Tab 3 Lite SM-T110 model, which is a Wi-Fi only variant. Asking price is USD 165. Its 3G model, called the SM-T111 will cost USD 263.
Galaxy Tab 3 Lite Specs
Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, a 7-inch display with 600 x 1024 pixels, 2MP rear camera, dual-core 1.2GHz Marvell PXA986 processor with Vivante GC1000 GPU, 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal memory, MicroSD card support, and a 3,600 mAh battery. Galaxy Tab 3 Lite measures 193 x 117 x 9.7 mm and weighs 310 grams.
We have been told that Samsung is on the verge of formally announcing this Tab 3 Lite, which will clarify things further.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to unbrick and restore your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 tablet. This is only for the Wi-Fi version, SM-T210R (not the Sprint version, SM-T217S). This is very useful for those who tried flashing a custom ROM / CWM / root and something went bad in the middle and now they are left with a bricked Galaxy Tab 3 7.0.
Continue reading “Unbrick, Restore Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0”
Few days back, we mentioned about a stock, deodexed zipaligned ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5210, where we said that you can just flash the ROM to attain root instead of rooting it the old fashioned way. Well, while you can still do that now, some of us like to stick with the good ‘ol official ROM. So, here are the steps on how to Root P5210 Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1.
Continue reading “Root P5210 Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1”
If you recently installed a custom firmware on your Sprint branded Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0, we have some great news for you as folks at xda have got hold of the stock, a k a factory ROM. You can install this ROM if you wish to bring to any modifications that you might have done to your Tab 3 7.0 SM-T217S from the day you unboxed it.
Continue reading “Download Stock Sprint Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T217S”
If you do not want to follow several steps to root your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 tablet, and you still want to root it, you can do so by flashing a firmware that is pre rooted, deodexed and even has busy box installed. Here are the steps on how to flash it.
Continue reading “Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Deodexed, Rooted, Zipaligned ROM T311”
Couple of months back, we mentioned how to root the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0. Today, we will elaborate, how to root Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 easily. To root, you must have official CWM (clock work mod) recovery installed on your tablet.
Continue reading “Root Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 Easily”