Folks at GSMarena have got their hands on the new Galaxy tab 10.1 tablet and they agree that it is not very different from its predecessor. However, it does include some notable changes like the ability to record full 1080p video.
* Dimension: 256.6 x 175.3 x 9.7 mm
* Weight: 588g
* Display: 16M-color 10.1″ PLS LCD capacitive touchscreen of WXGA resolution (1280 x 800 pixels)
* OS: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, TouchWiz UI
* Chipset: 1 GHz dual-core processor
* Camera: 3.2 MP autofocus camera with 1080p video recording; VGA front-facing camera
* Memory: 16/32GB of inbuilt storage, expandable via a microSD card slot
* Connectivity: Voice and data connectivity with quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE and quad-band (850/900/1900/2100 MHz) UMTS, 21 Mbps HSDPA and HSUPA 5.76 Mbps support, video calls, dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Assisted GPS, Bluetooth 3.0, 30-pin connector
* Battery: 7,000mAh
* Misc: Gyro sensor, accelerometer sensor for automatic UI rotation, ambient light sensor, Adobe Flash Player 11 support, DivX/XviD support, TV-out (adapter required), USB host (via an adapter)
Its 10.1 inch screen packs 1280 x 800 pixels which is pretty impressive. Viewing angles are said to be very good. There are two speakers, both of which are loud enough to share a video with your friend sitting next to you. Powered by a massive 7000mAh battery, it will give you enough power to easily last you few days of heavy use. Keep in mind that there are two models in Tab 2 range – first is this and second is Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 tablet which also works as a phone.