Samsung is all set to release the updated version of 10.1 tablet, the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia. Optus will be the first Australian network provider to offer it and it will be released on June 18, 2012. You will be able to get it under both Consumer and SMB plans. Here is an image that tells plans in detail along with the price.
Continue reading “Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Australia Release date, Price”
It appears that T-Mobile will finally be offering ICS update for the popular Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus and Tab 10.1. Today, Samsung has added four T-mobile phones to the list that includes two aforementioned tablets. Keep in mind that it takes quite a bit of time for the carrier to test it and it may take few weeks before the update is pushed to the public.
Continue reading “T Mobile Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, Tab 10.1 get ICS”
Folks at xda did it again. They have released a complete how-to guide on how to root the Samsung Galaxy 2 10.1 tablet. This means you will soon see a boat-load of custom ROMs for the tablet. For those who do not know, this Tab comes with Android 4 ICS operating system and features 10.1 inch touchscreen display that packs 1280 x 800 pixel resolution.
Continue reading “GT-P5113 Root”
The world is buzzing about the Galaxy S3 smartphone, but at Galaxy Tab blog, we are more eager to get our hands on the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. The tablet is now on pre-order for 400 dollars on retailers like Office Depot. Find the specs of it after the break.
Continue reading “Pre order Galaxy Tab 2 10.1”
Folks at GSMarena have got their hands on the new Galaxy tab 10.1 tablet and they agree that it is not very different from its predecessor. However, it does include some notable changes like the ability to record full 1080p video.
* Dimension: 256.6 x 175.3 x 9.7 mm
* Weight: 588g
* Display: 16M-color 10.1″ PLS LCD capacitive touchscreen of WXGA resolution (1280 x 800 pixels)
* OS: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, TouchWiz UI
* Chipset: 1 GHz dual-core processor
* Camera: 3.2 MP autofocus camera with 1080p video recording; VGA front-facing camera
* Memory: 16/32GB of inbuilt storage, expandable via a microSD card slot
* Connectivity: Voice and data connectivity with quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE and quad-band (850/900/1900/2100 MHz) UMTS, 21 Mbps HSDPA and HSUPA 5.76 Mbps support, video calls, dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Assisted GPS, Bluetooth 3.0, 30-pin connector
* Battery: 7,000mAh
* Misc: Gyro sensor, accelerometer sensor for automatic UI rotation, ambient light sensor, Adobe Flash Player 11 support, DivX/XviD support, TV-out (adapter required), USB host (via an adapter)
Continue reading “Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 First Looks review”
Vanilla ROMs are great for those who are not huge fans of Samsung TouchWiz UI. Many, including me, find it slow and not that useful and thus, prefer having stock Android UI. Unfortunately, Samsung does not lets you uninstall it unless you flash a custom ROM like the one I have mentioned in this post.
Continue reading “Vanilla ROM for Galaxy Tab 10.1”
MyClip Thigh allows an airline pilot to hands free handle the plane. Features:
* Comfortable leg strap made of faux suede
* Clips can be positioned in landscape or portrait mode
* Clips hold Galaxy Tab gently but firmly without sliding
Continue reading “MyClip Thigh for Galaxy Tab 10.1”
An xda user has released a ROM that gives you latest ICS ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. This ROM is the latest, last and official ROM available from Samsung which means everything on it is working like a charm. Nothing is broken – something you may run into while running a custom ROM.
1) NANDROID BACKUP (if you don’t want to backup, your choice). Download ROM
2) FULL WIPE (Data, Cache, Dalvik)
3) FLASH ROM using odin. If your device is not recognized, you might need the USB driver – downloadable from here. If any of the archives asks for the password, enter “samfirmware.com” without the “”.
4) Reboot (Give it 10 minutes at max)
Of course, all the credit goes to pershoot.
iLuv, a popular accessory manufacture has rolled out its first ever speaker dock for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet. The dock includes articulating arm that can rotate, which allows the user to use the Tab in both portrait and landscape modes.
Continue reading “iLuv Galaxy Tab 10.1 Speaker dock”
It is a known fact that Galaxy Tab 10.1 cannot play Hulu out of the box. Yes, some hacks like Brdizzled flash plugin do exist but that they are not that user friendly as it requires uninstalling the old version and then installing the APK of Brdizzled version. Now, there is an app called DroiLu that makes everything much more easier.
Continue reading “Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Hulu”
Folks at xda did it again. They have a pre rooted Android 3.2 firmware for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G model (P7500JJKJ6). They have just squeezed in the root functionality and other than that, there are no additions, enhancements or new apps in it. Installing the ROM is pretty easy. Just follow these instructions
* Download the P7500JJKJ6_Stock_Rom.zip install file (link)
* Put the install zip on to your internal storage
Continue reading “Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G Android 3.2 Update”
So, you just bought a Tab 10.1 from somewhere and you have been trying hard to download applications on your device. Unfortunately, you keep getting “This item cannot be installed in your device’s country” error message. To get around this problem, follow these instructions.
Continue reading “Galaxy Tab 10.1 Error: This item cannot be installed on your country”
If you want to customize the Tab 10.1 a lot or simply want to run special apps and utilities that require super user access, you will to root it. Here is a simple and straightforward guide to help with rooting your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet. First download, the root.zip file from here and extract it. Open the extracted folder and click the driver file labeled "GT-p7510_USB_Driver_v1_3_2360_0-Escape.exe". Install the driver.
Continue reading “Galaxy Tab 10.1 Root”
Rogers is now offering a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 with a new interesting plan. According to the photo of a document given below, starting November 8th (2011), when you activate two new lines on couples plan or family voice and data plan, you will be able to get a Galaxy Tab 10.1 for free.
Continue reading “Rogers: Galaxy Tab 10.1”
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 does not offers USB charging OOB (out of box). However, folks at xda-developers forum figured out that it is just a software restriction and have developed a little hack that enables it. So, here is how to enable USB charging on your 10.1 Tab.
Continue reading “USB Charging on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1”